Shopping for a New Pet; The Kitten Handbook
Raising an Orphan Kitten
- Orphaned Kittens Provides an overview of caring for orphaned kittens, as well as early signs of illness and ways to treat the illness. It also gives details on how to read the vital signs of a kitten, and what they should be.
- Orphaned Kitten Care Provides extensive detail on how to evaluate and care for an orphaned kitten, including how to make them feel safe and comfortable – one of the most important steps of all.
- Understanding Kittens Describes how to read a kitten’s body language, allowing owners to get to know their new kitten more quickly.
- Socializing Feral Kittens Provides information on how to socialize kittens, including how to teach them to come to you, allow you to pick them up, and how to show affection.
- Kitten First Aid Describes treatment ideas for the top six ailments a new kitten, or even an older cat, may experience. This includes burns, electric shock, choking and fractured limbs.
- How to Care for a Newborn Kitten Provides detailed information on the best ways to care for a newborn kitten, including what tools will be needed to do so.
- How a Kitten Grows Provides details on the several early stages of a kitten’s life, describing how they are growing and changing. This provides a great understanding for what care will be needed at each stage until the kitten can become relatively self-sufficient.
- Adopting A Kitten Provides information on the adoption process and details the many issues and challenges of adopting an orphaned kitten.
Recipes For Emergency Kitten Formula
- Kitten Formula Provides a fantastic recipe for kitten formula, which includes ingredients that are usually kept on hand in a typical household.
- Emergency Kitten Formula Recipe Provides a healthy recipe for kitten formula and includes several tips on how to feed a kitten and, most importantly, what not to feed them.
- Kitten Formula Recipe Provides one very healthy recipe for kitten formula as well as a suggested feeding schedule.
- Dos and Don’ts of Kitten Feeding Provides a detailed recipe for emergency kitten formula, as well as lists several dos and don’ts for feeding a newborn orphaned kitten.
- Feeding Amounts Provides an outline of how much formula a kitten will need at each stage of life, whether it be store-bought formula or home-made.
Caring for Kitten Basics
- The Basics of Kitten Care Provides an overview of how to care for a new kitten, including feeding and weaning a newborn kitten.
- Simple Steps for Caring for Your New Kitten Provides simple ways to ensure your kitten grows into a healthy cat, including establishing a diet, grooming and keeping the kitten fit.
- How to Care for your Kitten Provides several tips for how to care for a new kitten, including everything from weaning to how to teach them not to scratch.
- Litter Box Training How to teach a kitten to not only use a litter box, but how to be tidy about it as well, all in a quick 2 minute video.
- The Basics of Litter Box Training Provides detailed instructions on how to teach a kitten to use a litter box including the best places to keep a litter box and how many one should have, depending on the number of kittens in the house.
- A Guide to Vaccinations Explains what shots a kitten will need and what it will protect them from.
- Kitten Aggression How to deal with kitten aggression, including why kittens play roughly and how to teach them to play gently so both you and your new kitten can enjoy each other’s company and successfully bond.
Keeping Healthy Kittens Healthy (6 weeks to 4 months)
- Maintaining Healthy Growth of Kittens Describes how to keep young kittens healthy and includes a growth chart to make sure the kitten is gaining at a good rate.
- 5 Easy Steps to Keep Your Kitten Healthy Provides several easy to follow tips on how to keep a young kitten healthy.
- Feeding a Kitten Nutrition is one of the cornerstones of kitten health, and learning how to feed your kitten properly is the best way to keep them healthy. This site provides basic information on nutrition, weaning and what to feed a kitten once they wean.
- Picking a Vet Choosing a good veterinarian is one of the best things you can do to protect your kitten’s health from the beginning. This article describes how to choose the best vet in your area.
- Safety Tips Kitten-proofing your home is one of the best ways to keep your kitten healthy. It protects them from choking hazards, burn hazards and other things that could be detrimental to their health and development. This article provides several tips on how to provide your kitten with a safe home.
- Keeping your Kitten Healthy Provides fantastic tips on how to keep a kitten healthy and includes a comprehensive list of all the things a kitten will need in its new home.
Keeping Healthy Cats Healthy (4 months of age and beyond)
- Keys to a Healthy Cat Provides detailed information on common health issues that affect cats as well as how to maintain a cat’s health.
- Wellness Cat Checklist Provides a fantastic checklist to bring to each wellness vet visit, which should be conducted twice a year, to give your vet a basic understand of your cat’s current health and health needs.
- Caring for Elderly Cats This article deals with elderly cats and how to maintain their health so they can live fully and well until the end.
- Caring for the Older Cat Describes ways to maintain a cats weight, which can be an issue later in life, and provides a chart to compare how old a cat is in human years.
- Heartworm Prevention Describes in detail why heartworm can be so detrimental to cats and provides way to protecting your cat from this parasite.
- Indoor Cats Provides great information on how to keep a cat healthy and happy indoors and describes why it is the best option for not only pet owners but cats as well.
- Healthy Cat Health Issues Provides details of common health problems that even the healthiest cat may experience and how to treat and prevent these problems.
- Keeping Your Cat Healthy Gives a comprehensive overview of all things cat health related and provides great tips for giving your cat the best quality of life.
Cat Food Brand Recommendations
- How to Pick the Right Food For Your Cat Provides a great overview of all the things you should look for when choosing a cat food.
- Cat Food Review This site lists the top brands of cat food as voted by users.
- The Basics of Feline Nutrition Provides a comprehensive overview of feline nutrition so pet owners can have a good idea of what to look for in a quality cat food.
- Dry VS Wet Provides cat owners with all the pros and cons of wet verse dry cat food, helping them to make an informed choice as to what to feed their cats.
- A Buyers Guide Provides the basics of choosing a food for your cat to ensure all of the nutritional requirements are being met.
- Cat Food Ratings Provides a detailed list of almost every cat food on the market as well as a rating.